Last modified April 25, 2020
- Welcome to Design Systems Community!
- Contact Information
Welcome to Design Systems Community!
The contents of this conduct exists as a guideline for participants of our events, and official online community. As a participant of Design Systems Community (DSC), you:
- Agree to uphold the basic standards outlined in this conduct
- Understand any determined violation of this conduct may result in a temporary or permanent ban from our events
Participants include any individual person engaged in a Design Systems Community meetup or official online community.
Related online areas include:
- Threads on Twitter, LinkedIn, or elsewhere involving Design Systems Community
- Slack or Meetup.com communities run by our core members
Conduct is all contents on this page. They are meant to serve as a basic guideline in upholding strong conduct inspired by our values.
A violator is a person who compromises any section of the conduct, whether knowingly or accidentally.
Discipline includes any action taken by a Design Systems Community core member in order to uphold the conduct. In all cases, we will prioritize education over discipline unless absolutely necessary for the protection of our members and integrity of our values. Some actions of discipline may include:
- Issuing a warning to follow the conduct or face stronger discipline
- Removal of messages from related online areas without prior notice
- Temporary or permanent ban from events or related online areas
The code of conduct is in effect when engaging with members, organizers, or volunteers during DSC events or online while including DSC social media handles. Please note the following conditions in addition to the code of conduct stated below:
- DSC organizers may cancel, postpone, interupt, or stop an event due to adverse weather, dangerous situations, or other causes that put participants or volunteers at personal risk
- As a member of DSC, you acknowledge there are potential risks inherent to gathering at social events. You freely and voluntarily accept and assume all risks, dangers, and hazards that have the potential for injury, death, violence, property damage, or loss resulting from activities during DSC events
- By particpating in DSC events, you agree to this conduct as well as yourself and any personal representative hold harmless, release and forever discharge Design Systems Community, its organizers, attendees, volunteers, agents, contractors, or employees from any and all actions, causes of actions, including negligence, claims and demands for damages, loss or injury, resulting from or arising out of your participation during DSC events
We encourage everyone to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse other participants.
Design Systems Community core members reserve the right to discipline violators that advocate or encourage expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, hatred, or profanity. This includes hate speech, or producing strong allegations that may marginalize or threaten certain groups without backing such claims with a reputable citation.
Keep It Legal
Design Systems Community does not allow any illegal activities. Participants cannot publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or information, specifically, but not limited to, child pornography, bestiality, and incest. Also, you may not engage in discussions related to the trading or dissemination of illegal drugs.
Design Systems Community does not tolerate disruptive activity during official events or related online areas, such as persistent off-topic comments and postings or statements that incite others to violate this Code of Conduct or participate in illegal activities. Our participants want to meet, chat, and collaborate in a positive environment.
Falsely impersonating a Design Systems Community organizer, administrator, or any other person with the intent to mislead or cause harm to others is forbidden.
Uphold the Conduct and our Values
In helping to make our events a great place to meet, chat and exchange information, you must do your part to uphold this Code of Conduct.
Design Systems Community also reserves our right to amend or change the Code of Conduct at any time without notice. You agree to periodically review this document to ensure you are doing your part.
Design Systems Community is not obligated to send users or hosts a warning before deleting any content.
Protect Your Privacy
We caution you against giving out personally identifiable information (such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, names and addresses, telephone numbers, driver license numbers) to strangers anywhere, which may be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
Note for events that serve alcohol
When participating in DSC events that serve alcohol, you agree to the following conditions:
- Drink responsibly
- A DSC organizer or volunteer has the right to refuse offering alcholic beverages to participants at any time
- Whether or not alcohol is being consumed at DSC events, conduct must be upheld
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have other concerns, such as observing that a member of Design Systems Community is violating any part of this Code of Conduct, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parts of this Code of Conduct were derived from the #TechMasters Code of Conduct document.
Thanks for following this Code of Conduct and joining Design Systems Community!